Friday, July 8, 2011

NRL Digital Best Practices: Parramatta Wants You to Help Grow Their Facebook Community

Are you doing everything you can to increase the size of your social following? Worded differently, how easy is it for those who love you to get others to join them?

When I saw what the Parramatta Eels are doing, I was inspired by the simplicity of their model.

Let's start by hitting the Parramatta Eels Facebook Page, here. As you'll note on the left-hand side of the page, they are boldly stating "Let's Grow The Army." I like this for several reasons. We are trained to read left-to-right, so it's the first thing you notice. The verbiage is uniting It's not "Grow The Army", but rather "Let's Grow The Army." (Feels more like an invitation than a mandate) and, as you'll see next, it is pretty effective.




Clicking on Recruit Friends takes us here, to a visual of all of your Facebook friends. VERY simple to navigate and offer the opportunity by simply clicking on boxes.







I'll zoom in a little so you can get a better feel for the ease of use and simplicity of the experience.



But, as always, we must ask: how could this be better? I'd love the Friends who pop up to be "smarter". Meaning, could we tap into the interests of my friends base (by tapping into Facebook's API) and elevating the most likely ones? (Show me friends who love Rugby, live in the region, or who are active?) If I have less options but the options I have are more relevant, the conversion will be higher!

I'll be back Monday for another day of NRL coverage. As always, you can follow me on Twitter (I'm @pawlow34) or on Facebook (Digital Hoops Blast).

Hope you enjoy these. I appreciate you sticking with me as I learn a lot from a new sport.

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment