Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NRL Digital Best Practices: All NRL Clubs and How they Give Back

Today marks my final day evaluating the NRL Digital Best Practices. It's been a fun ride, and fittingly I'm going to build on yesterday's story on leveraging Community in Facebook.

Today we'll see how the NRL brings the power of what every squad is doing and transforms it into something bigger, via digital.

Start out on the NRL's RLOC (Rugby League One Community) home page, here, and below...




Click on NRL Clubs, which takes you here, to a list of every NRL team and their plan for impacting their local community. I'll paste a couple screen grabs below so you can get a sense for this collective power.




What you see is that the League created a framework to celebrate the work of each team. And by doing this it positions the NRL and individual teams as a part of something bigger. That's what digital does well -- brings things together that you might not realize individually have so much potential.

You'll note that from the top of this page, it's easy to share via Facebook or Twitter. Which makes me pose the question: How could this be better? Social integration. I'd love to be able to click onto each team's high level story and dive into a Facebook album that showed the team in action in that community. Let me witness the activity of each team, in a way that is easy to share and comment on -- or simply put let me be a part of this energy.

That's a wrap! I'm going to take a breather for a couple weeks, but will be back in early August with more Digital Goodness. As always, you can follow me on Twitter (I'm @pawlow34) or on Facebook (Digital Hoops Blast).

Thanks for reading.

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment