Friday, August 14, 2009

Gaming Friday: Madden 10 Launch



Today marks the official launch of Madden 10. How could I blog on anything else? I'll even insert a timely Vick Eagles image (they have him on the August 19 roster update!) and dream about the offensive options they suddenly have with Vick added to the stable of McNabb, Maclin, and Westbrook. But rather than simply run down this year's game, I wanted to do comment on what I love and what I want to see next season. Come on Madden 11!!!
  1. Realistic Stadiums. So we are starting to get there with a feel of the parks. The new Cowboys Stadium (read here). They got this down to the details of the support structures of the ridiculous Texas-sized 20 yd line to 20 yd line video screen. (Ridiculously amazing). Now bring me the sound of the stadium. Let me hear the Arrowhead Stadium crowd yell "The land of the CHIEFS." (like this)
  2. In Game Decisions. I love the addition that you see a minor injury and have to make a call to re-insert the player or not. Pretty cool. But imagine if we could add an element of sound to it. Think team leaders. Give me something from the captain, or veterans. This is hot tied to an injury, but it is even hotter tied to the game emotion. Maybe it's pre-game. Maybe it's after a turnover or a big play? Just add that interaction, that sound from my teammate to get me going. Or let me record that sound and add it into the game.
  3. Highlights of the Game, meet Facebook. I love the inspiration behind Highlights of the game. You see highlights and stats of YOUR game at the half and in post game. That's pretty sweet. But let me share this, STAT.
  4. Highlights of the Game, meet Miked Up: While the in-game highlights are sweet, they also feel like they may get very old very quickly. Now contrast that with the highlights of a game, Miked Up. (See the Brett Favre example below). Imagine this implemented where possible in game... Wow. All it requires is you take the motion capture shoots that are being done already and add a little voiceover... or maybe the NFL will allow EA to implement it in game. I love this.


Sports Videos, News, Blogs


Want more Madden coverage? Well look no further (than the next few sentences):
  • If you want to read a collection of reviews from people playing the game, EA serves them up on the Madden message board, here.
  • You can get game play pointers or you can download all 32 NFL squads' playbooks here.
  • Looking for support because you are playing too much? ESPN reporter Pat White played Madden for 24 straight hours... link here.
Hope you get to check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment