Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Washington Husky Football Gives You a Player's Perspective

Want to show off your program in a unique way? That's the goal of every team when they sit down in the living room of a prospect... or a prospective sponsor. But how can you stand apart from everyone else?

The number one way I can think of is to actually show them. Show them your system. Show them the sounds or action. Sounds aspirational but is is practical?

Until the dawn of digital, I'd have wondered. But the U of Washington Huskies really take us down that path. And trust me when I type this is a path you wanna check out!

The journey starts on the Husky Football Facebook page (here), and shown below. (Side note, I love that they have a Facebook page for Football itself, but that's a post for a different day)



Now hone your eyes onto the post below. The Huskies give you access to their program by putting a helmet cam on one of their players' heads during their spring game.

Really?




Yes Really.

You can view the video by clicking in below (or here)...



I loved seeing this. You get a feel for the intensity, the sound, and the speed of the program. And get that in front of a recruit and they get it, instantly.

How could we make this better? The easy answer is more of this, please. The tougher answer is to take this and put it into the zone of what they stand for as a program. Don't just show me a video of the game in general... Show me a video about Speed. A video about the Power Passing Game? Basically a video about your Identity (or Identities)... that shows you (the recruit) where you fit in -- now that changes everything.

Great inspiration!

Feel free to follow along via Facebook (here) or Twitter (I'm @andypawlowski, here)

Thanks.

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment