Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oregon State Football Gives Us a Facebook + Twitter Syncing Clinic

Is there a natural or easy way to sync our Facebook and Twitter pages? By that, I mean is there a way to do this without simply posting the same message twice? That's a topic I have personally struggled with and to be honest one I'm still feeling out. But when I took a trip to the Oregon State Athletics Facebook page, I came across some inspiration worth sharing. I think you'll find this sheds a nice light on that very topic.

Our path begins on the Oregon State Athletics Facebook page. Stick with me, as we're going to start out inside this page under the "Social Beavs" tab, shown below or here. You'll see there's a nice guide to all things Social Media, and there's easy access from this visual directory.




We'll move on to the Oregon State Football Facebook page, here, and below. What you'll pick up immediately is the connection between Head Coach Mike Riley and the page. This isn't Coach Riley's page. But there's no doubt a common interest between fans of Oregon State Football and fans of Coach Riley.

So what's the connection I referenced? Oregon State reposts Tweets from Coach Riley's Twitter feed directly into their Football Facebook page. I haven't done the analysis to see if it is every single post Coach makes. But you can see a cool combination of posts from OSU Athletics and posts from Coach Riley...





You can click into Coach Riley's Twitter page, here, as this will add a little more depth to this inspiration...




As you'll see below, Coach Riley adds timely posts with visuals to create quite an impact on his followers. I think you'll agree there's something magical about access to the eyes or mind of the head coach. See what he sees, read what he thinks, in the moment...




But it's the syncing/system that gets me hyped. By setting it up this way, fans who aren't on Twitter get access to Coach Riley. Fans who are on Twitter get this access inside Facebook, where it's more natural to make comments/observations or share this with your friends.

Let's go one click deeper. (Warning, this could get pretty mindblowing!) The system lets OSU athletics choose which posts they drop in. That offers you a sneak peak into Coach's mind without having to put everything here. AND it offers the chance for OSU Football to interact with the coach right in this space!

Which leads me here. How could this be better? I'd love to see comments/observations from OSU Football on what Coach Riley says. I'd love to see a camaraderie/banter come across, rather than a stream of posts. If we can set this up, we'll take a system infuse it with personality and engagement and blow it out across multiple social networks. Yikes!

That's it for today. I'll be back with more later this week. Feel free to follow along via Facebook (here) or Twitter (I'm @andypawlowski, here)

Thanks.

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment