Friday, September 4, 2009

Gaming Friday: Madden on your iPhone

I'm going to pause for a second in my digital hoops breakdowns (don't worry, you can simply scroll down for today's breakdown of #6 Florida State), to share the latest game release that I'm super psyched to see.

Madden on your iPhone,

(I put that comma there so you could pause to reflect like I did)

EA Mobile announced this is coming in time for the NFL season (which means like now, though I couldn't find an official release date yet)... Here's a link to their mobile site.


This game comes with the ability to play a single game or a complete season. (No franchise from what I can tell, which sucks but I can't get too picky I guess!) The graphics (see image below) look pretty solid - and you get to choose from a pretty deep playbook and leverage a decent stash of player moves, including bull rushes and swim moves on D. The site says commentary comes from Al Michaels and Madden. Made me wonder where Chris Collinsworth is... best announcer in the game.




I'm really interested to see 2 things:
  1. What is the game play going to be like. Take a look at that image above this text. Favre has two receivers open. Now that doesn't mean he'd really only throw to one of those two, I know... but how do you choose your receiver on the iPhone?
  2. Can we bring sharing into this? With an iPhone, everyone playing will be online. How far off are either online competitions, sharing of highlights to Facebook, or live roster updates?
In any case I can't wait!



Stay tuned!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment