Tuesday, May 10, 2011

NBA Best Practices: Philadelphia 76ers Put Their Schedule on Your Desktop

We're in a world where it's tough to keep track of all that's going on. Appointments, classes, tests, and well meetings. If you aren't careful, you'll miss the fact that a game's going on. (Or a few games). So how do we stay top of mind?

I'm impressed with how the Philadelphia 76ers approach this challenge.

Hit the 76ers home page and hover over "Interactive".




From there, you'll spot the "Wallpapers" menu, which takes us here - to a gallery of options for all devices (including iPhone & iPad) and players (from Brand to Iguodala)... I love this for many reasons. Naturally, I love that you have a choice. It's not just a Sixers wallpaper but rather your Sixers wallpaper. I also dig that it's easy to navigate to your device's size. But, most of all, I love that the team schedules are artistically included in each image!



I'll zoom into one example, for Andre Iguodala (here). Note we get a combination of a sick image (the kind you want on your desktop) and the 76ers schedule. This isn't a schedule wallpaper... but it is.

Hot.




So, How could this be better? I'd love to see this go beyond Wallpaper for devices and see it become Facebook profile pictures & Twitter wallpapers. (Places many fans will go day in and day out). And, secondly, what if this was more than a schedule of games? What if it included Easter eggs? (Moments in the year where only those fans who have this wallpaper could experience?) It'd be the 76ers' way of rewarding fans who take the club and make it their identity! I feel the 76ers are onto something here -- and now it's a chance to go deep and create an experience!

Food for thought...

Come back tomorrow as we check out another best practice from the NBA. And as always, you can follow me on Twitter (I'm @pawlow34) or on Facebook (Digital Hoops Blast).

Thanks!

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment