Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NBA Best Practices: Denver Nuggets Use Facebook to Give Back

You can use Facebook growth for good.

Believe it or not, it is possible to give back to help you grow your social presence. Mind blowing!

I was incredibly impressed by this strategy brought to life in Denver. Hit the Denver Nuggets Facebook Page, shown below, and note the callouts on the left hand side of the page.





Click on Give Back, which takes you to the image below... Step one: LIKE the Nuggets to help them reach a goal of donating $175,000 for youth sports programs. OK, cool. I did this...




... which revealed the image below. Now if I share this, they donate $5 to the cause. I'm not sure if they donate $500 if I share it to 100 people, but you get the idea -- if you are willing to help them grow, they will help out the world.

Pretty cool strategy, and one that I've never come across before!




How could this be better? When I did what they asked and "LIKED" the squad, the message below hits my Facebook feed.


I like the Nuggets.

That's it.

Now, the opportunity exists for context. Instead of "Andy likes Denver Nuggets," what if it said "Andy likes Denver Nuggets. Click here to help us raise $175,000 for youth sports." (Or similar) The missing pieces (link to the experience and description of why you should visit) could be monstrous in helping the Nuggets grow this baby. The idea's so amazing that it just needs that final touch to go from good to wow.

Come back tomorrow as we check out another best practice from the NBA. And as always, you can follow me on Twitter (I'm @pawlow34) or on Facebook (Digital Hoops Blast).

Thanks!

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment