Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kobe Doin' Work Debuts this Saturday

I was pretty excited a year ago or so when I heard that Spike Lee was creating a movie documentary on a late season game with Kobe Bryant.  I got even more excited when I heard he was using 30 cameras, much like the soccer show Zidane.  

The feature, "Kobe Doin' Work" premieres this Saturday on ESPN.  I know I'm going to be glued into this.  Here are a couple trailers worth checking out:

Kobe on his teammates.  I am inspired by how intimate this feels.  To me, one of Kobe's early career challenges was that he often appeared a bit tight, very professional, and definitely intense.    This is a different side of Kobe - you can envision him for a great teammate, someone you want to go to battle with.  




Here's another great one -- Kobe on why coaches don't hide their play calls.  (Though I saw Nate McMillan trying to keep these from the Rockets in the last series!)  From this, I think it is pretty great to hear his Basketball IQ at work -- Kobe's one of the smartest players in the league, and it's pretty powerful to hear him essentially unplugged.  




Make sure you tune in this weekend.  8 pm EST Saturday...  And if you want one last place to click, here is an interview with Spike Lee on the project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment