Sunday, May 10, 2009

Amazing use of crowd effects in NBA Legends campaign

When I heard the NBA was creating videos around the best playoff moments of all time, I wondered if we'd see Larry Legend. The play against the Pistons where he stole the inbounds pass at the end of the game still plays in my head as one of those moments that got me excited about basketball growing up. I remember my dad reacting and the energy in our living room. I was inspired.

So naturally I was super excited plays like this were joining the new Amazing Playoff campaign. But what floored me was the way they took the crowd out of the play when this was edited together. It was Bird on the same court in an empty gym. Naturally the crowd comes later. But the emotion and passion that comes from putting in the time in the gym when no one is around and then having it pay off on the biggest stage is powerful. Check this out, and think of how this connects with high school players everywhere.




Not to be outdone, here's another version - of the Lakers sending the Blazers to a Playoff exit. It's worth watching, if only to see a much younger Kobe and Shaq in action.





ddd

0 comments:

Post a Comment