Thursday, November 11, 2010

OVC Best Practices: Eastern Kentucky Highlights Recruiting, Literally

This blog is all about inspiration. Today we start with 3 days elevating best practices from the squads that make up the OVC. You can tune in on this blog, or you can follow along on Facebook (linked here) or on Twitter -- I'm @pawlow34.

What makes something a best practice? This isn't about the most intricate experience. It's about looking at the world from your consumer's point of view and delivering something that hits it right smack on the head. In the case of colleges, I'm treating the primary consumer as that prospective student athlete.

Thus far we've seen how Austin Peay takes over our calendars, here.

Let's keep rolling...

I hit the Eastern Kentucky home page and I did a double take. Did I accidentally click on Recruiting?


The short answer is no, I didn't. But, as you can notice in that image above, EKU definitely wants my eye to notice it. And it isn't distracting. Solid.
Compelled, I clicked in. And, as you'll see below (and here), I was treated with 2 recruiting videos (women's hoops and football) side by side.


What you learn in a hurry is that there is power in the merging of recruiting content from multiple sports. The Women's Basketball video inspires Football players and vice versa. These are personal testimonials to the world on why EKU is a great campus. And, because they were posted in YouTube, I was able to include the actual videos for you here, in my blog. Solid work.

Here's the football version...


And the women's basketball version...


Are you feeling it?

How could this be better? Give us more sports. We need to hear from athletes across all sports, thus creating a franchise that can be built upon. The style works, and it has our attention -- we just need to finish this up!

Tune in tomorrow as we finish up our inspiration from the OVC! And, don't forget, you can follow along on Facebook (here) or on Twitter: I'm @pawlow34.

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment