Monday, March 16, 2009

Too Much Madness?

Is there too much March Madness?

After coming down from my Selection Show high, I learned that Drake had been chosen to play in the CIT (no, not the NIT). That's the CollegeInsiders.com Tourney. They are matched up on the road against Idaho.

So this year there are now 4 post season tourneys: the NCAA, NIT, CBIT (College Basketball Invitational Tourney), and CIT. To me, the CIT (and CBIT for that matter) are really like those early college football bowl games -- get a .500 record and you can qualify. Don't get me wrong, I think as a senior you should get the chance to play another few games. I get it. It's just that College Basketball postseason was so clean until the last year.

Here's the Onion's take on things.
And here's a link to the CIT field. Something tells me there won't be too many brackets filled out here just yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment