Friday, October 16, 2009

Midnight Madness.... College Basketball Begins!!!


OK, I couldn't help myself. Today is a day where I feel like the young kid in me comes out. I was that boy, trying to stay up later than he was allowed to watch Midnight Madness - the start of college basketball season. It was kind of like New Year's celebrations - as we'd see a time zone by time zone coverage of the start to the season.

I woke this morning and glanced at my Twitter feed. And my heart started racing. I got excited. I had to shoot a quick collection of activity I've seen around the start of college basketball season. By no means is this exhaustive, but I hope it gives you a couple of extra reasons to have a great Friday. And I think it shows what the additive power of Twitter can be -- by themselves each of these posts is pretty solid. Add them all together and it gets incredible.

Purdue has launched a new video in anticipation for the season, here.

North Carolina has a video introducing "Late Night with Roy", here.

Coach Donnie Jones of Marshall, via Twitter, "My LIFE... is my Message. 10 Hours till The Herd Basketball Team goes to Practice..offically Here!! Excited...94 Feet Both ways Begins!!!"

Coach Kerry Keating of Santa Clara, via Twitter, "
Practice! Finally! Excited to get the team on the court together and start the next step! Pre-Season conditioning and skill was encouraging."

Coach Tubby Smith of Minnesota, via Twitter, "
Have a great night Gopher Fans, I hope to see you at the Barn tomorrow night...7:30pm.... Should be a great evening"

Check out Duke's Countdown 2 Craziness here.

There's something magical about today.


0 comments:

Post a Comment